The Weather Forecast – Sept 13, 2018
It’s neon weekend at the gym! We invite everyone to wear their brightest colours to practice this Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
We currently have room in the Sunday 3:00pm – 4:00pm and Wednesday 6:00pm – 7:00pm classes. Flyer flexibility and core strength is something that can only be mastered if practiced with experienced coaches. Our flyer class coaches all have years of successful experience which our athletes can all benefit from. Please take this opportunity to get that fun & competitive edge.
Just a reminder that ALL athletes must remove ALL jewellery before they start practice. We ask that finger nails also be kept at an appropriate “sport” length. Long acrylic or gel nails can be very dangerous to the person who has them as well as teammates. Athletes may not chew gum in the gym.
Now that Fall practices are underway, it is of utmost importance that ALL athletes are at practice and on time. As I’m sure you’ve witnessed, routine choreography is moving along and every athlete is making monumental strides at every practice.
Absences from here on out can effect the athletes’ role in the routine.
We understand that life will throw curve balls at everyone and some situations are unavoidable but please lets all do our best to strive for that perfect attendance.
A message from the Parents’ Association
Please take note of the following fundraisers that are going on:
– Apple orders and payments are due Wednesday, September 19 by 8:00pm. Late orders will not be accepted.
– Delivery for all apple orders is scheduled for Monday, October 1. You must pick up all of your orders by 7:00pm at the latest.
Old Dutch Chips
– Orders must be received and paid for by Sunday, September 30 at 6pm. Late orders will not be accepted.
– Delivery is scheduled for Thursday, October 11. We cannot store orders – please make up your orders by 7:00pm at the latest.
Silent Auction & Pub Night
– Friday, November 2 at Limerick’s Pub (Macleod Trail) beginning at 6:00pm
– Tickets are $25 each, admission includes 5 oz steak sandwich with fries & first drink
– Silent auction event runs until 9:00pm. Every family is allowed to submit up to five items for bidding. All items must be cataloged in Google doc as per guidelines. Profit = item selling price less 5%
– More information is posted on the Parents Association Wall.
Wednesdays 1:00pm – 3:00pm. This is free time in the gym for pre-school and home school kids. Cost is $5 for the first 2 children and $2 for each additional child from the same family.
Open Gym this week
Friday 6:30pm-8:30pm and Saturday 5:00pm-7:00pm
Open gym is free for athletes on a competitive team (prep or all-star) but we ask that you still sign in at the front before entering the gym. Please remember that athletes under 7 require a parent to be present. Open gym is a time to train and work on skills, not “playtime” in the gym.
Rec Cheer – still some openings
We have classes for kids 4-11 years old. We also have a daytime rec cheer program for kids for ages 3.5-6.
For ages 18+. Lots of fun and a great way to get in shape! Runs Sunday evenings from 7:00pm-9:00pm. Practices start THIS SUNDAY September 16th